Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Act 2: Scene 3 June, 1944

Peter Van Daan

I started to hear crashes and yells coming from the main room. As I jumped out of bed, I ran off to see what all the commotion was all about. I found Mrs. Frank yelling at my father. At first, I had no idea what was going on, but it didn’t take long to figure it out. Mrs. Frank was snapping at my father, yelling that she couldn’t believe that he was eating the food in the middle of the night. Looks like we’ve figured out the food problem, and it was a rat. Mom entered the battle, seeing that her husband was losing. She begins a defense that he’s a big man who needs a larger portion of food. I can’t believe that after everything that my father has done to her, mom is still trying to defend him. Her defense quickly backfired as Mrs. Frank began to explain that he’s a big man because he’s been stealing all of this food. After Mrs. Frank couldn’t take it anymore, she tells dad to get out. She meant it. The glare in her eyes was as cold as stone. Even though I dislike my father, I don’t believe he deserves to be kicked out of here. It’s his best chance of survival to stay here.

Thankfully, the argument started to cool down when Miep arrived with good news. Our allies have entered Germany! I was so happy to here the news. Everyone was, except my father. He was so ashamed at himself. Dad might be sorry now, but I don’t think he has really changed. Everyone was dancing around the room from the great news. I don’t think I’ve ever felt happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment