Saturday, November 21, 2009

Act 2: Scene 1 Jan 1, 1944

Peter Van Daan

I hate it here! I’ve been locked inside this box for over a year, and I can’t take it anymore, especially with Mouschi gone. I miss Mouschi so much. He was the only one I can really talk to. Mouschi ran away a couple of days ago. I hope he’s all right. He’s probably waiting at home. I asked Mr. Kraler and Miep to keep an eye out for him anyway. The bad news doesn’t add there. Miep brought over a nice little sugar cake for us to eat. It was pretty nice of her to make a sugar cake for us after all the work she does for us. Anyway, everyone started getting paranoid over the cake. My dad tried to exclude Margot from getting a piece of cake, saying that since she’s sick, she wouldn’t want a piece of cake. I know he really just wants a larger slice. How selfish can you get? My father also took mom’s coat, her most prized position, and gave it to Miep. While mom was sopping, begging him not to sell it, my father told her to sell it and buy as many cigarettes as she could and bring them back to him. Cigarettes! He could have at least asked her to buy some food for us. I was so ashamed at my father. How can he have done something like that? After everything that has happened, there is one thing that annoys me more then anything else that has happened. Mr. Dussel suggests somebody ate Mouschi. I was stunned. I couldn’t believe what he just said! I was furious, wanting to slug him right in the face.

Well, not everything went wrong. Mrs. Frank and Anne got into another argument. Anne eventually ended up running into her room. Anne left her piece of sugar cake behind. I noticed my father giving a greedy glare at her slice. I made sure I grabbed it before he did. I climbed the staircase to and found Anne in her bedroom, or I should say Mr. Dussel’s room. I gave Anne her slice of cake and began to talk with her. It was the first time Anne and I had a real heart to heart conversation. It felt good to let some steam out. In the middle of our conversation, Mr. Dussel opened the door, interrupting our conversation. Still furious at him, I slammed the door on him. After a couple more minutes, Anne and I finished our conversation. It was nice to talk to someone besides Mouschi for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment