Monday, October 12, 2009

Act 1: Scene 2 July 1942

Peter Van Daan

I can’t believe I have to go into hiding. It’s not like my life was bad enough already. I have to admit, I am a little afraid of the Nazis, so this isn’t all that bad. A man named Mr. Frank asked us if we would like to go into hiding with them, saying something about that he owed it to my father or something. We agreed and I ended up going into hiding with my father Mr. Van Daan, my mother Mrs. Van Daan, Mr. Frank, his wife Mrs. Frank, and their daughters Anne and Margot. Also, one of the people who’s helping us hide is Miep, who gives us just about everything that we’d need like food. Margot seems to be a quiet girl, but Anne, on the other hand, is so full of energy. She’s always happy, running around, not even caring about the fact that she’s in hiding trying to avoid the Nazi’s for her life. Even when I wasn’t stuck in this place, I never remember a time when I was that happy. Yet there’s something about that girl that I just can’t describe.
Anyway, my only true friend is my cat Mouschi. When we were leaving to go into hiding, I just couldn’t leave Mouschi behind, so I found a way to bring him along. Mouschi isn’t much of a people person, which I can relate to. I always take care of him. I feel special when I’m around Mouschi. Some people say he's just a cat, but to me, Mouschi is a friend. A friend I can talk to and who will listen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment